Each roofing company is unique, and while some might specialize in repairing leaks and fixing broken shingles, others deal more with modern membrane roofing upgrades and high end energy-efficient roof installation.
When you’re looking for a well-rounded roofing company, however, there are a few specific services you have to check for regardless of the roofers’ specialization. Those services will determine whether or not you can rely on the company to take care of any roofing problem in good time, or at least provide you with adequate information to help you out.
Mainstream Services to Look for
To get the most out of your experience with local Flagstaff residential roofing companies, the following services are an essential requirement that any company you plan on working with should be able to provide:
- Each company you come in contact with should be able to provide Flagstaff roofers emergency support for repairs in case leaks or other problems might damage your home.
- Free estimates, roofing inspections and roof maintenance programs are also a must.
- Make sure the company you want to hire can offer reliable repair, replacement and upgrading work for all the most important roofing elements, including skylights, chimneys and flashing.
- Also find out if they can handle replacing or repairing all the main types of roofing, including shingles, tiles, flat membrane roofing and metal panels.
- Get information on the cities they target, and make sure Flagstaff, AZ is among them. Also, try to avoid large companies that have their main headquarters hundreds of miles away.
- Finally, even though it’s not necessarily a requirement, it’s always better to work together with a contractor that has experience in both residential and commercial roofing.
Less Common Services You May Require
Most Flagstaff residential roofing companies deal with the removal of old, cracked and broken shingles and the fixing of common causes of leaks. Since the area is not overly rainy or snowy – Flagstaff experiences up to 270 dry days each year – water damage isn’t usually a problem, so you don’t have to look for more than the basics. However, the intense sunshine and dryness, as well as the extremely cold winter temperatures brought about by the city’s high elevation (over 2,000 meters) makes for a far more challenging problem for roofers to deal with.
Taking all this into consideration, the most efficient types of roofing materials you should look for in Flagstaff include metal, composite shingle, slate, membrane roofing and various types of energy-efficient roofing solutions designed to keep the heat inside your home and prevent hefty electricity bills.
Additionally, check to see if the roofers you want to hire are well-versed in dealing with the effects of dry weather, increased sunshine and extreme temperature changes on roofing tiles and shingles. These may include cracked shingles, impaired ventilation and insulation issues. Also, long term maintenance should be considered unless you want to be forced to repair your roof every spring.
These services will help you get the most out of your roof even if you own the least expensive asphalt shingle roofing system without any upgrades. Your roof will last for years without the need for major repairs or replacements.