Making sure that you pick the best man for a roofing job can help you save a lot of money and time in the future. When it comes to roofing services in El Paso as well as in other areas of Texas, it is important to find a reliable and efficient specialist who will not give you any headaches regarding the work done.
Here are our 8 tips on how to choose a roofer:
- Don’t rush into it – contact at least three roofers to get a general opinion on what the market offers. The companies you choose must provide roofing services in El Paso on a regular basis and be properly established in the construction field – otherwise, you may have the surprise of not being able to make use of your warranty in case the specialist who did your roofing job moved away or closed the business;
- Make sure that the worker has liability insurance and worker’s compensation. For that, verify the certificates you are provided with and contact the insurance carrier to make sure they really exist, otherwise you may be exposing yourself to the risk of hiring a scammer;
- Verify the roofer’s tax identification number, their business address, phone number or website;
- Ask for references from past clients or from the local Better Business Bureau or by calling Texas Department of Professional Regulation – this step is especially important if you want to hire a roofer for a complex roofing job;
- Ensure that the roofer has the appropriate certification for installing a certain type of roof, should the manufacturer asks for it, otherwise you may be risking nullifying the warranty of the roofing product;
- You must get a detailed proposal or even a contract with more information on the roofing job’s duration, its start time and end time, the warranty and the issues that can make it void, as well as the payment and the roofing materials used; a written document will help you be more confident in the face of scammers or jobs poorly done;
- Make sure you can easily with the El Paso roofing company employees, otherwise you expose yourself to unwanted stress and possibly risks; this is why it is preferred you avoid signing letters of intent with roofers that show up at your doorstep announced, claiming you have roof problems caused by extreme temperature or storms;
- Do not get fixated on a cheap price, unless you want to expose yourself to the risk of costly repairs in the future. It is better to choose a roofer who will ask more but provides workmanship guarantee, rather than get cheap and questionable service.
To conclude, a roofing job is only as good as the roofer you pick to do it. If you fail to take all the precautions necessary, you may find yourself regretting your lack of action in the future. And rather than creating uncertainties that will make you lose sleep and money, why not go with the safe choice from the start?